Contentment of Closeness

                                         


    As I lay there exhausted by the arduous endeavour, freshly awoken I turn and see the beautiful goddess who lay near me, her open eyes reflecting my own visage. 

"How do i look when I sleep?" the words came out half addled as my mind cleared. 
"That is a curious question" she answered,"why do you ask?"

"I don't know. I haven't asked it to anyone else, I thought it might as well be to you, as we lie here in this comfortable bedding all alone: truly alone'; he looked around as if a thought came to his mind "I  don't remember this place being so empty. even during the holidays"

"Do you always get introspective after sex?",she replied "or am I special?"

"I don't know; some people tend to express themselves when they get drunk, some when they are high, I just feel it when i'm content."

"Content , you mean happy?"

"not really , people who are happy are often content, but you can be content without feeling happy. When you just had a full meal you feel, not happy but content, when you just relieved yourself , you feel content not happy. When you have run all the way to top of that hill, exhausted, your legs burning up, you are content, it's a different feeling"

"you can't say anything without making it sound very boring can you ?" there was mirth in her brown eyes. I took that as a good sign. 

" It comes with the package."

She laughed at this, a siren song that vibrated through my entire being like a pleasant vibration, at which I held her even close to my bare frame. The smell of her, the smell of me on her, something which made me hold all the tighter. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: ഓട്ടോറിക്ഷക്കാരൻ്റെ ഭാര്യ | Autorikshawkkarante Bharya

Review: മീരാസാധു | Meerasadhu